Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Microwave Oven Day

Oh my goodness, what would we do without them? I use mine almost every day of the week and I'm so grateful for it. Remembering the days of the earliest TV dinners that had to be baked in the oven and, let's face it, tasted like crap compared to today's frozen foods, I think microwaves are one of the best inventions of modern times. I celebrated today by making frozen mashed cauliflower, which I added some horseradish to, for an absolutely delicious vegetable. I even made it at Thanksgiving and am proud to report that Rob, who very rarely eats veggies, liked it. I was thrilled!

I went to the elementary school to mentor Aiden, the second grader, this morning just as his class was headed to recess. Normally he doesn't have a problem missing recess, but today was the first beautiful day we've had in a long time and I could tell that he was conflicted. I asked him if he wanted to go outside and he was hesitant to say yes. But I knew and told him it was no problem for me, so off he went. I'm guessing his teacher was probably thrilled for him to get out and run off some energy... he definitely has trouble sitting still.

No comments:

Post a Comment