Saturday, December 3, 2016

Roof Over Your Head Day

This one was created as a day to be thankful for what you have, starting with the roof over your head.  There are many things that we have that we take for granted and do not stop to appreciate how fortunate we are for having them. The previous sentence was copied from the website, but I'm happy to add that I have never taken this for granted. As a matter of fact, I thank God regularly not only for the roof over my head, but for my mom and dad who provided my education and work ethic so that I could have a nice home. Unlike many kids today, we started at the bottom and worked our way up. Small apartments with several roommates to slightly larger with only one roommate to living alone in a nice apartment. I still remember when I moved into an apartment with 600 sq. ft. I thought I was rich!

I've also been lucky by buying low and selling high while renovating and decorating to make my homes exactly what I wanted. And for all of this, I've always thanked God for my many blessings. And now in my retirement home (hopefully my last), I couldn't be happier. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment