Friday, December 30, 2016

Bacon Day

This one really should have been when Rob was here because we ate bacon every morning. But I made the sacrifice and bought some this morning. I also bought some black eyed peas since I have to eat them on New Year's Day. So for lunch I had black eyed peas with bacon and it was perfect. All I needed was Mom's cornbread to make it even better. Okay, so Mom used Jiffy mix... it's still not the same if I have to make it.

I visited Brianna this morning and heard all about her trip to Grandpa's in San Antonio for Christmas. She was very nervous since he wants to adopt her and she hasn't really ever been around his girlfriend and her son. Also for Christmas day there were lots of other relatives there that she didn't know. But she said it went pretty well except that she doesn't like her grandpa's girlfriend and he makes Brianna call her Grandma, which makes matters worse. I explained that the girlfriend is probably a little jealous because now she'll have to share Grandpa. And I added that maybe they'll warm up to each other slowly. But I was especially happy to hear that she and the girlfriend will be having family therapy on Skype. Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment