Monday, August 29, 2016

Back to Work Day

As this year stretches on, I've made up another day all my own. I started tutoring Thomas again this afternoon. He's a third grader now and his dad is working out of town three days a week, so I'm going to his house (for an extra $10 an hr).  This won't be easy because his younger brother is there as well as the housekeeper and the distractions are more numerous than at my house. He didn't have homework today so we started again on his math facts, which he still doesn't know from 1st grade. And although I've encouraged it repeatedly, his parents do not practice with him. I'll be going two days a week and this will definitely try my patience, but the rewards (monetary and otherwise) outweigh the negatives, for now. I'm sure I'll get back to you on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment