Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Pluto Demoted Day

It was in 2006 when the world as I knew it came crashing down. That's when Pluto was reclassified as a dwarf planet rather than a planet. So what would school children learn instead of My Very Excellent Mother Just Served Us Nine Pickles? That mneumonic served me well growing up and I even taught it to my math students. But I relaxed once I realized that My Very Excellent Mother Just Served Us Nachos would work just us well. Actually that's the one I came up with... who knows what they really use (if they do it at all anymore).

Time for Glory's annual checkup today and although I tried mightily to get out of the house without Simon, including lots of tossed treats, he wasn't having any of it. Apparently car rides trump treats... who knew? So into the car we all piled. The good news is that I got out of the vet for only $138, but the bad news is that she needs her teeth cleaned, which will be close to 300. We'll save that for September.  

No comments:

Post a Comment