Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Rum Day

So here's a funny story. We had coloring this afternoon so I thought I'd ask someone there if they had any rum so I could have a little to bring home and make a run and coke. Problem is... I don't like rum and coke. Matters not, that was the plan. So as we discussed it, one woman (Mary Helen's high school friend) said she had rum and I was welcome to it. But as time progressed, some of us decided to go to a bar after coloring so I could order a rum drink and they would all have wine. So four of us went to Bonefish Grill only to learn that at happy hour during the moth of August, their martinis are $5. And they weren't made with cheap vodka. So we all ordered a dirty martini and I was going to order one rum drink afterwards for us to share. Well, since it was after 5 at that point we decided to order some heavy appetizers, but quickly realized that martinis really don't go with food. So then we all ordered a glass of wine and finished the martinis before the wine came. After we ate our food I realized I still hadn't had any rum. So the bartender suggested a watermelon martini made with rum, although it had never been done before. At that point we were all game so he did it and we all had a sip. Yuck! A reaction we all shared, so I wasn't charged for it. And that was my sip of rum for National Rum Day. The lengths I go to for this damn blog. Just kidding... only four months to go!  

No comments:

Post a Comment