Saturday, August 27, 2016

Just Because Day

This is a day to do something "just because." So here's how mine turned out. I'm going to play Trivia tonight at the clubhouse and everyone brings an appetizer or dessert to share. Usually there are about 100 people there and I'm not happy to report that I've fallen into the group of folks who buy something to bring. So yesterday I bought some bakery cookies from the grocery store. Then last night for dinner I cooked pasta to have with Shirley's homemade marinara sauce with her tomatoes. I decided to taste it before I poured it over the pasta and was really glad that I did because it was way too spicy for me. So then I googled appetizer recipes using marinara and discovered baked goat cheese with marinara sauce. Not only did it have only three ingredients, it was super easy to make. So I'm getting ready to put it in the oven and then faced the dilemma of what do do with the cookies. Of course I could take them as well, but in order to celebrate the day, I decided to keep them... just because.  How about them apples?

No comments:

Post a Comment