Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Thrift Shop Day

I seriously cheated today, but it worked for me. I didn't go to a thrift shop exactly, more like a thrifty shop called Costco. Hands down it's my favorite place to shop and my staples there are fresh spinach, wine, rotisserie chicken, and almonds. I went immediately after yoga  at 10 because any later and there crowds who get in my way.

And now about the rain. Granted, we have had nothing like the Baton Rouge area and my prayers go out to those people and what they're dealing with. But here's an example of how much we've had. I filled that big plastic pot with rocks on the bottom, then plastic recyclables, and the plant on the left on the top. I learned this with Google so that I don't have to fill the whole pot with soil and it's not too heavy to move around. I've had this for almost two years and this is a first. I drilled holes in the bottom of it before filling, but there's been so much rain over the last few days that it can't drain fast enough. So the pot was pushed onto the ground as the plastics all floated to the top. Talk about a mosquito love nest! I'll probably have to unload it, drain, and refill tomorrow... or Friday or whenever. Might as well wait till the rains subside. The pups and I may not even get out for our evening walk, but it's only 6:30 so here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment