Sunday, August 21, 2016

Senior Citizens Day


These guys aren't senior citizens, but they're owned by two of my favorite senior citizens... Shirley and Greg. We visited these little piggies and the chicken coop where I scored a dozen eggs, although I have to wash the poop off. After a great lunch on Toledo Bend Lake at a restaurant similar to the Red Apple in Heber Springs, Sally and I headed home. It was a short trip but lots of fun and I plan on returning soon. Shirley sent us both home with a cucumber, homemade marinara sauce made from their tomatoes, a jar of pickles made from their cucumbers, and potato salad with homegrown basil and eggs. I always knew Shirley was a great cook, but had no idea of her abilities as a gardener. It was Green Acres all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment