Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Watermelon Day

Where's Frank Wiggins when you need him? Oh, I remember... heaven. Anyway. I can't eat watermelon without thinking of dear old Dad and how much he loved it. It was the only thing he ate in the days before he died. I have to buy the expensive cut-up chunks (for more than I could buy a whole watermelon) because the whole melons are too big and I hate the mess. Wish Dad was here to cut it up for me. I did give up his habit of salting it years ago and now love how it tastes so wonderfully sweet. It brought back some great memories and made this very hot summer day a little more bearable.

I also went back to yoga today after months of being away. I didn't like the last teacher, but there's a new one now and I'm back in my element. Thank goodness!


No comments:

Post a Comment