Friday, August 26, 2016

Dog Day


This is what I see every night at dinner time.  God love 'em, they're both so patient and polite (now that they're older) and know whatever's coming is gonna be good. That's because they each get a tiny bite of what's left of my dinner before they get their own. I never fed any of my dogs people food until Mom moved in and then it was a lost cause. Not only would she intentionally drop food on the floor, but as dementia began rearing it's ugly head, she'd put her whole plate on the floor if I wasn't watching. From that point there was no turning back. But as long as their weight isn't out of control, I'm okay with it. And how could I not be with those two sweet faces? Don't know what I'd do without these babies. Happy Dog Day to both of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment