Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Tug-of-War Day

This day is all about Glory. She doesn't try to get me to tug with her as often as she used to and I'd completely forgotten what I was supposed to be celebrating today. But this morning she brought me two different toys to tug on. She really doesn't want either of us to win... it's all about the tugging. And I spent more time than I normally would, still without realizing what the day was. It was perfect and I'm glad we both got a little extra exercise (her teeth are mighty strong!).

I tutored Thomas again this afternoon and although it was still a struggle, I had some games prepared with cards and dice to help with his addition math facts. I  inserted the games between work sheets and it seemed to go pretty well. Although I admit that 45 minutes after he first comes home from school is probably the best I can do. And I can't blame him. His recess is after lunch so I know he's wound up when school's out. He starts getting homework next week and then at least we'll have a goal. He's really a sweet kid, just more hyper than most. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment