Wednesday, November 2, 2016

All Souls Day

I had to do a little research on this one to distinguish it from All Saints Day which was yesterday.  And what I learned is this... On All Saints' Day there's a call to live as saints, to remind us how we're supposed to live. On All Souls' Day, we're talking about all souls and asking God's mercy for them. In Catholicism, one involves souls in Purgatory, but I'm confused as to which one. Suffice it to say that I celebrate the lives of Mom and Dad today, as well as all other relatives who have passed on.

And here is what I learned in my yoga class this morning. The wind releasing pose which I've giggled about earlier is actually to help our digestive systems. When lying on your back and pulling the right knee to your chest, you're stretching the ascending colon. And the left leg stretches the descending colon. And when you pull in both knees, the transverse colon is being stretched. Thankfully I've never released any wind during these poses, but I'm glad to learn they have a healthful purpose. Good information, right?     

No comments:

Post a Comment