Tuesday, November 29, 2016

National Day of Giving

I should read ahead... didn't know that the national day was only two days later than the world day. But I generally make a donation to Krause House in December so just did it a little early. And there's certainly nothing wrong with that.

And now for a funny story. I went to the elementary school to mentor Aiden, the second grader, today and as usual, we read a Captain Underpants book. This series is actually intended for a little older audience, just judging by the vocabulary, but Aiden loves them and I do most of the reading, so I think it's good for him. In our current book, there's a reoccurring theme about Uranus and the boys in the book snicker every time it's mentioned. So I asked Aiden if he knew anything about Uranus. When he said no, I decided to be the one to explain it to him. Once I started, I realized it was going to be a little more difficult than I initially anticipated. So the first thing I had to teach him was the anus. At first I hesitated and then just jumped right in. I said it's the hole in your butt that the poop comes out of and so Uranus sounds like "your anus." I'm proud to say he thought that was the funniest thing he's ever heard. So he got all the jokes after that and I was so proud! And I realized at that minute that's the kind of grandma I'd have been. Teach them all the nasty stuff... what a hoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment