Thursday, November 17, 2016

World Kindness Week

This seemed like a pretty positive thing to celebrate and I actually did it before even knowing what I was going to celebrate today. I was in line at Trader Joe's this morning and noticed a young girl in the next checkout line with only two items. She had on a uniform of some sort so I assumed she was on her way to work. I asked her if she'd like to go in front of me and I couldn't believe how relieved she looked. She thanked me profusely and then explained that the muffins she was buying were for her coworkers because this was her last day. I really thought she was about to cry, leading me to believe she'd been asked to leave. The checker asked what her plans were and she responded that she had a second interview today with some place I'd never heard of and was also considering Carrabba's. I told her that Carrabba's was my favorite restaurant and I hoped she landed there. Between the checker, who also offered words of encouragement, and me, I think we made her day a little brighter. And before she left, she thanked me again for letting her go in front of me. Sometimes we just never realize how much a small favor can brighten the life of another person. I need to be more aware of the people around me and do what I can to make their day a little better.

1 comment:

  1. As my Australian neighbors would say, "Good on ya', girl!" It doesn't take much to change the day for someone else. Good example. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete