Wednesday, November 9, 2016

My Birthday


This was one of the best birthdays I've had in years! I wanted to jump out of a plane on my 50th, but all the friends I recruited petered out before the day and I didn't want to do it alone. When I hit 60, I didn't care about it anymore. But I guess it's been nagging at me ever since and this was just as good. A little scary, but so exhilarating! Four friends went with me  (with seven cheerleaders), but I had to go first. We each flew two flights of one minute each, which doesn't seem like much, but believe me... it was. Actually the first was too long and the second was too short. But I'm so glad I did it and don't feel the need to ever do it again.


And then the Winetttes met again for happy hour and dinner. This is such a great group of women and I am so grateful that they are my friends. Moving to Arkansas to take care of Mom and Dad was the best decision I ever made, but moving to Katy is definitely second best.  I used to fret about what was going to happen to me in my old age, but here we all take care of each other. I love my life, my family, and my friends and I thank God daily for all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment