Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Button Day

I wore a shirt with buttons today and still have a button box (although I've rarely ever needed one). The major day today is Fast Food Day, but after my New Orleans trip, I didn't dare even walk into a fast food restaurant. Even their healthy choices aren't as good as what I can make at home.  So Button Day was a lame second best.

I mentored my fifth grader and tutored Thomas this afternoon. And I have to admit, although I don't really understand why, he's memorizing his multiplication facts much easier than he mastered addition. And believe you me, he has yet to master it. But he is improving. I gave him a mixed worksheet today and was pretty surprised at what he was able to do. His initial reaction is to say he doesn't know, but if I coax him just a tiny bit, he's got it. Example: 15 divided by 3 equals what? All I have to say is 3 times what is 15 and he gets it. Maybe one day he'll do that on his own. In the meantime, I'm earning my pay!

No comments:

Post a Comment