Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Election Day

This is the first presidential election day that I voted early and by mail. I have always loved going to the polls on the real day, but I was just afraid it would be too crowded, so took the easy way out. I hope it will be a while before I do it again. However, when I went to visit my second grader, Aiden, this was set up outside the second grade classrooms. I'm so impressed. And when he came out, I asked him if he'd already voted. He said yes and his first question to me was who did I vote for. I explained that voting is private and you don't have to tell anyone who you vote for. But I did ask him and he replied, "Hilary Clinton." When I asked why I was surprised by his response. He said he saw on a commercial that the man was going to explode America.  Not trying to defend Trump, I told him that TV commercials aren't always true and I feel certain that the one he saw is not (don't want kids living in fear). He was pretty skeptical, but at least he listened. And I don't know what else to say except, God bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment