Thursday, November 3, 2016

Sandwich Day

Thanks to Peanut Butter and Jelly Day way back in April, I now have a favorite sandwich. And to think, I never would have known this had it not been for this silly blog idea I had. It's all been worth if for that, if nothing else. So obviously, that was my lunch.

I learned something this morning... when I walk the dogs, I should wear my bifocals. We came across two loose dogs this morning having the time of their lives. They both had tags on and of course, came to say hello to my pack, so I reached down to get a tag and couldn't read anything on it! What to do, what to do? We were on a busy street and I thought about it for awhile before realizing that there was nothing I could do. So reluctantly, we slowly started walking away when a pickup truck stopped and a man got out. I asked if the dogs were his and, through his anger, he said yes. Problem was, he couldn't catch them. They both acted just like Glory when she's loose. Chase is the best game in town. The man only sent them running through traffic to the other side of the street, but they were just too curious about my guys, so came running right back. The man still couldn't get them, but as they came up to Glory and Simon, I grabbed both of their collars. He dragged them back to the truck but realized he couldn't put one in without letting go of the other. I asked to help, so held one while he tossed the other into the bed of the truck. He did the same with the buddy and then finally offered a weak "thank you" before driving off in a huff.  But I'm glad I was able to help. The dogs deserved it even if he didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment