Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Meth Awareness Day

I'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel with this one, but here goes. I'm aware of meth and its effects thanks to being a middle school teacher. In Heber Springs we had some frightening presentations during Red Ribbon Week every year complete with photos. The saddest time was when the presenter asked for questions and one of the students asked what to do if your parent is using. And I have to admit, judging from some of the parents I saw, that child was only one of many. Meth is a serious problem in Arkansas as well as all over the country, but thankfully, not in Katy. And I have no clue what can be done about it. Maybe the kids who live with meth users will realize what a horrible drug it is. Time will tell.

My day was busy... yoga, Costco run, mentoring,  tutoring, and two dog walks. And I'm happy we're back to fall weather so I can at least wear long pants and closed shoes for a while. I was in short pants and sandals yesterday. This is crazy weather!

1 comment:

  1. I misread "meth" as "math" and it still made sense to me. Oops, sorry my poor math is showing--maybe due to too much algebra.

    ReplyDelete