Monday, November 21, 2016

World Hello Day

This day is to emphasize that conflicts should be resolved through communication rather than the use of force. Participants verbally greet ten people or more as an expression of the importance of personal communication in preserving peace. So this isn't really something that's a problem in my world, but I made a point of saying hello to more than 10 people. Most were at my exercise class or while walking the dogs, but I did actually speak to more than I normally would have because I was conscious of it. And I'm going to try harder every day from now on. Sometimes I get involved in my own little world and fail to notice others. And today was a good kick in the pants for me.

I also tutored Thomas this afternoon and his dad was home which is out of the ordinary. He pitched a fit, crying and saying he was just too tired, but his dad eventually got him to sit down for 30 minutes. We only played math games on the iPad and he got involved, but I find it interesting that he has never done that when dad wasn't home. Fortunately this is a rare occurrence.

I'm leaving for Memphis in the morning and may be a little lax in my blogging, but I promise to do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment