Tuesday, November 15, 2016

America Recycles Day

What a coinkydink! Today was my recycling day and I love that we can do this. I'm an avid recycler and I don't really understand why anyone who has curbside pickup is not. I mean, how hard is it to put something into the recycle bin instead of the trash? Here we don't even have to separate it, although I would gladly. Lazy people are one of my pet peeves.

Today was actually kids' day for me. First I mentored Aidan, my second grader. We finished another book in the Captain Underpants series and I'm getting to be quite the expert on the guy. Home for an hour, then off again for Promise to Read, the once a year program during which adults in the community read to elementary classes. I was assigned to a different school and read to two different classes. In the second grade class there was a character named D.W. I pronounced W as dubya and was immediately corrected by one of the children. "It's double-u," he said. The teacher quickly jumped in and said that I had a Texas accent and that was fine. But believe you me, I didn't do it again. Home again for another hour and then off to tutor Thomas because I missed yesterday. I really enjoyed today although I would have really loved a day of rest first. Thursday will be my slow day... yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment