Saturday, November 26, 2016

World Day of Giving

I made a donation today to the Fort Bend County Child Advocates. My work with CASA in Arkansas was difficult but probably one of the most rewarding things I've ever done. I don't have the stamina or the courage to continue that work here in Texas, so next best thing is to donate money. The girls I work with at Krause House are all in the foster care system and sadly, it is horribly underfunded. So every little bit helps.

I visited with Brianna this afternoon and she was so excited because her grandpa had called this morning to tell her she'll be spending a week with her grandma and him at Christmas. And that makes be so happy!

Tonight I got together with four neighbor ladies and we ordered pizzas from a new place called Papa Murphy's. They make the pizzas, we picked them up and cooked them at home. I'm not really a big pizza person but these were some of the best I've ever had. Everyone agreed so we'll definitely be doing this again sometime. You just can't have too many good places to eat in your immediate neighborhood if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment