Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Administrative Professionals Day

My good friend Judy, here in Heritage Grand, started a new, full-time job a few months ago. She's the office manager for a married couple who owns some type of auditing firm. She's explained what they do several times and I'm still not sure exactly what that is. Since I've lived here Judy had been working two or three days a week in the office of a huge master planned community in a nearby town called Fulshear. She has two sons... one is a police captain in Fulshear and the other is the head of the Chamber of Commerce there, and both are adorable. But I digress. Judy is in charge of our group dinners on Fridays and is also active in the Drama Club. Her new job is full time and she's had to learn a complete new set of job skills (and is still learning).  I'm not sure I'd be up for a challenge like that. I like her because we share many of the same character traits... we're both very direct, fun-loving, Cowboy fans, and like the same wine. But the best part of this story is that Judy is 76 years old. She's my hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment