Monday, April 11, 2016

Pets Day



These are all the creatures that have enriched my life, in order of appearance. Sam and Frances were my first pets as an adult. Then when I moved into a free-standing house for the first time, I got Libby, who died at the age of 11, two weeks after Dad died. Not wanting to face the loneliness of no pet ever again, I decided to get two... Bella and Gracie. Although they loved each other and had a great time together, they almost destroyed everything in my house. So Gracie went to live with Andrea and her family, where she still is. After Bella came Glory, who is still with me today and is eight years old. Upon retirement, I volunteered at the local animal shelter where I got Sable, an old black dog who stood no chance of being adopted. She lived another year and a half before I had to put her down. Then came sweet Cameo who I only had for three months before she succumbed to heart worms. And then I adopted Simon (at which time I resigned from the shelter). So now I have Glory and Simon, but when one of them goes, I'll have to be a one dog household. It's just too difficult to walk two, especially two like mine since I'm hardly the queen of dog training. But I've loved them all and am so grateful that each one of them have shared my life.

1 comment:

  1. So very proud of you and your relationship with your dogs. I never thought I would love a little dog, but Sissie just makes it so easy to love her. Who knew? Also proud of your relationship with your brothers. You are a good woman, Penny Wiggins.

    ReplyDelete