Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Caramel Day

No biggie... my calcium chews that I eat twice a day are caramel flavored and although it's not exactly the same thing, it's close enough for my purposes.

I was supposed to be flying to New Orleans tomorrow to reunite with Suzan, Barbara, and Donna, my three best friends from high school. We planned on attending the French Quarter Festival one day and then just eating, drinking, and laughing the rest of the time. Suzan and her husband live in Covington, just across Lake Pontchartrain, and they were going to be our hosts. But sadly, Suzan called me Saturday morning to say that their son had died the night before in Pittsburg, presumably from a drug overdose. My heart just breaks for them and I haven't quit praying since she called. Their daughter just got of rehab for maybe the fifth or sixth time and Suzan said she always expected the call to be about her and not their son. It's just so tragic and I hope we can get together soon, just so she can take a mini-break from her grief. God bless their family.

No comments:

Post a Comment