Wednesday, April 20, 2016

National Math Awareness Month and National Poetry Month

I bet you didn't think there was poetry about math, but I found some. This was my favorite:
Math is Brewing and I'm in Trouble     by Kalli Dakos

       Numbers single,
       Numbers double,
       Math is brewing
       And I'm in trouble,

       If I could mix a magic brew,
       Numbers, I'd take care of you. 
I'm really not sure what it means, but then, I was never able to interpret poetry... even when it's about something I know. Of all the poems I read, this was the most straightforward.

There hasn't been any school for the last three days and I'm going a little nuts. No tutoring nor mentoring and I miss it a lot. I guess I'll play games at the clubhouse during the summer because I certainly can't stay in all day. I did see the periodontist today, retina guy tomorrow, and orthopedist on Friday (because my Monday appointment was canceled). More rain is predicted for tonight and tomorrow, but I pray it misses us for all the folks already under water. I feel so bad for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment