Sunday, April 10, 2016

Siblings Day

I love my brothers! That wasn't always true, but actually maybe it was. I just didn't like them until we were adults. Let's face it, they were mean to me. I always heard about older brothers who were protective of their sisters, but mine loved nothing more than to torture me. Truth be told, Joe just ignored me until he was in college, but Charles loved to scare me and when we were in the same school, I was not allowed to acknowledge him. And then there was Rob, the pest. So basically I have no fond memories of them as a child, but they've more than made up for it since.

As adults we generally were all together only at Christmas and the Fourth of July, but it was always fun. We've had a lot of adventures together in Arkansas... in canoes, with fireworks, and going anywhere with Dad. He was our hero (and still is). And since he died we've grown even closer. Who knew? I love my brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment