Friday, April 1, 2016

April Fool's Day

I've never been a prankster, but felt the need to pull off a good one today. We had 20 women in our dinner group tonight and our leader always lets the restaurants know ahead of time that we want separate checks. Fortunately, it's never a problem, but I had a great idea. I excused myself to go to the restroom and then cornered one of our servers while I was gone. I told him that when the first person asked for our checks, I wanted him to say that I'd already taken care of it. He did it like a pro and everyone was stunned. I explained that I was getting a very good refund from the IRS and wanted to share my good fortune with my friends. After they had all settled down and were thanking me for my generosity, I yelled, "April Fool's!" And I got 'em all. A perfect prank!

No comments:

Post a Comment