Friday, April 29, 2016

Arbor Day

While driving to Alexandria through nightmarish traffic all the way to the Louisiana border, I asked Siri what time it was. She responded, "Happy Arbor Day! I guess all the trees have the day off."

When I got to the hotel here, a small boutique hotel which is just lovely, I was greeted with the words, "Our A/C is out and although we're working on it, you're welcome to move to the Hampton Inn where we've reserved extra rooms." I told her I was willing to wait it out until after our event before I decided. So while I was waiting for Barbara and her husband to come pick me up, I decided to open a bottle of wine that I brought with me, although I'd forgotten a corkscrew. I asked at the front desk and believe it or not... they didn't have one. So the desk clerk called over to the restaurant across the street to borrow one. The bartender brought one over immediately and when I tried to use it, it broke off with the screw part stuck in the cork. So the bartender came back over and with a pair of pliers and another corkscrew, he got it out. What a relief!

I enjoyed my glass of wine before Barb got here and then off we went to the crawfish boil. And how much fun it was! The crawfish were great and visiting with everyone was the best. I even spent a lot of time talking to the "popular kids."

And when I got back to the hotel the A /C had just been fixed. I'm a happy camper after a rough day. Looking forward to tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment