Sunday, September 18, 2016

Cheeseburger Day

I was planning on visiting Brianna this afternoon, but when I saw what day it is, I had to reschedule so I could bring her lunch. She loves McDonald's, so I stopped on my way there and picked us up a couple of quarter pounders with cheese. McDonald's is really not my favorite because they don't put lettuce and tomato on their burgers, but it wasn't about me today. She was thrilled because I don't think their cafeteria food really appeals to the girls. She also surprised me because she brought a new coloring book that she'd bought in their little store. They use good behavior points to shop and I know she had to save up for a while to get it. Even though I brought my books, she wanted me to color something from hers. And as I was raving about what a great choice she'd made, she tried to give it to me and said she could get another one.  How sweet is that? She's a little angel who deserves so much better than the hand she's been dealt in life. I will pray for her as I still pray for all the kids I've mentored. You can, too, if you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment