Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Peanut Day

I almost stopped at a convenience store to buy a small bag of peanuts when I realized that I had peanut butter at home. And not just any peanut butter, but the kind made fresh in the grocery store that actually has peanut chunks in it. I try not to eat it too often, but was glad I had an excuse today. It's delicious!

Thomas' mother contacted me this morning to tell me Thomas has a test tomorrow (called an assessment by his teacher... terminology changes in education make me crazy). She wanted me to come this afternoon instead of tomorrow. And I was so pleasantly surprised because he told me he wanted to do well so he wouldn't have to take the test again and because it counted for two grades. So I stayed for the whole hour and he worked hard. He's pretty good at place value and rounding so I have high hopes for tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment