Saturday, September 17, 2016

Responsible Dog Ownership Day

This is a biggie and I'd like to report that 99% of the time I'm responsible. I even take two bags on all our walks just in case one gets messy (they each poop twice in the morning and I only use one newspaper sleeve... it can be tricky). And that other 1% of the time I may leave a little poop if it's in high grass or far off the beaten path. Who wouldn't?

I went with other neighborhood ladies to Krause House to color with all the girls. We've done a variety of activities and hands down, this wins the prize. More than one girl commented that they're ADD and coloring really keeps them focused. They all stayed very quiet and concentrated on their work. It was amazing! We've decided to do this more often because each group only gets 30 minutes and there are four groups. It's not enough time to finish one picture, but they could put their names on them and we'll keep them for the next time. The girls and the staff thought it was a great idea. And many of the staff colored, too. I'm proud to say this was my idea and I was stunned and thrilled that it was so successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment