Saturday, September 10, 2016

TV Dinner Day

My, how times have changed. I feel fairly certain that we ate some of the original TV dinners, originated by Swanson in 1953. Mom was a wonderful woman, but cooking was not her forte (ergo, me either). We had lots of frozen fish sticks, ground beef casseroles, split wieners covered with instant mashed potatoes and Velveeta, and TV dinners. But thankfully, frozen dinners now can be spectacular. So for dinner I had a mushroom and black truffle flatbread from Trader Joe's and it was delicious. I always keep a few different frozen meals in the freezer when there's no time or I just don't feel like making anything. Keep in mind, of course, that when I do prepare a meal the main course is preseasoned and the vegetables are steamed in a bag. Makes for some damn fine eating without all the work. Not to mention all the leftovers I bring home from eating out. I always eat half of my meal and bring the other half home for another day. Life is good!  

No comments:

Post a Comment