Friday, September 16, 2016

Guacamole Day

No problems here... guac and chips for lunch with edamame and a hard boiled egg. Weird for some, but I loved it. Friday night dinner was to our favorite Italian restaurant. One discussion ended in what years we were born. When I said 1948 another woman exclaimed, "Oh my gosh, you're younger than me!" And she's 71. Now that was quite a slap in the face, but I quickly moved on and asked a newcomer what year she was born. When she answered 1954 everyone at the table questioned, almost in unison, "1954???" Judy, sitting next to me, whispered, "I graduated from high school in 1957." And that's why this is a great place to live. The young will help the old when the time has come. I think that's the only way to look at it without getting depressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment