Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Get Ready Day

This day is to remind people to be prepared for emergencies and disasters. I celebrated by doing what I've always done (but should probably revise) and having two glasses of wine at lunch. I met an old, but young friend who I used to work with many years ago. Her youngest daughter just left for college and her husband's a corporate pilot who flies a lot, so she's learning how to be alone. And to be clear, I didn't even order wine until she got there because I generally don't drink at lunch anymore. But we had a great time and discussed my birthday weekend in New Orleans that she and her husband will be attending along with 12 other friends. We went for five straight years after my 40th, so this will be a reunion of sorts.

I got an email from Thomas's mother not too long ago telling me that he has a 95 in math on his progress report. Truth be told, I'm stunned because he seems to struggle so much, but allowing that it is also the first half of the first nine weeks, it's not really a true barometer of what's to come. For now, we're all happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment