Monday, September 26, 2016

Situational Awareness Day

Today is all about personal safety since it focuses on being aware and paying attention to your environment. I feel like I've been pretty good about this because I lived in the heart of Houston for so many years where crime was somewhat prevalent. And it's interesting that it fell on a day when an upscale neighborhood in Houston was attacked by a serial shooter. Fortunately, none of the victims were killed, and as luck would have it, being aware of their environment would not have helped them today because they were shot in their cars. But it definitely serves as a reminder.

On a more upbeat note, I got a call this morning from one of my high school friends. She wanted to tell me that last night she went to the Saenger Theater in New Orleans to see the musical, The Sound of Music. She told the friend she was with about Dad taking us there (same theater) to see the movie in 1965 and how excited we all were. I was thrilled and when I mentioned yesterday's blog, she said she hadn't read it. As my brother, Charles, very recently wrote in his blog, there are no coincidences. When I read it, I wasn't so sure I agreed with him. And then this happened. I just might be changing my mind. Thanks, Charles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment