Friday, September 30, 2016

Active Aging Month

I assumed today would be a no brainer because I was going to my exercise class at the Y in addition to walking the dogs twice today. But best laid plans... First of all, Glory apparently was still in pain this morning because even though I gave her the pain pill before we headed out, she just wouldn't walk faster than a turtle. She didn't want to go back home, but I couldn't take the pace so we turned around after less than a half mile. Then on my way to the Y, I hit an intersection under construction and it took me 15 minutes to get through it. The class is only 45 minutes and I was just too embarrassed to go in that late. So at this point I was 0 for 2. I went to the grocery store instead and parked much farther out than I usually do. Every little bit helps.

Our Friday dinner was cancelled this week due to dress rehearsal of our neighborhood play (most of the group is in the drama club). I was so tired of food in my fridge that I went to my favorite restaurant which is in our local shopping village and ordered dinner to go. Then while it was being prepared, I went for a long walk.  It helped that temps are in the low 80's with very low humidity and the walk was quite pleasant. Glory seems to have perked up a bit throughout the day, so hopefully our evening walk will not be a repeat of this morning. And that is how I actively age.

No comments:

Post a Comment