Sunday, September 4, 2016

Eat an Extra Dessert Day

I may have overdone this one, but it was just too good of an excuse. First I had a cupcake after breakfast. Then I met Allison and Roy for brunch to celebrate Allison's birthday so of course we had to share a big piece of chocolate cake with ice cream. It's cousin Mary Ellen's 91st birthday so I called and talked to her for quite a while (she did most of the talking). She's doing so well living in Missouri with her niece and husband. They really take good care of her and that makes me so happy. She said she drives a golf cart around the neighborhood and feels particularly blessed to be able to do so much at her age. She does all the family laundry and makes soup occasionally. She's quite a woman and was such a good friend to Mom.

After dinner I had to have my requisite piece of dark chocolate with a little red wine, but I don't even classify that as dessert... more like a necessary health mandate. Now I better go walk the dogs to burn a tiny bit of all these sweets off.

No comments:

Post a Comment