Monday, September 19, 2016

Talk Like a Pirate Day

Arrrrrr, matey! Thomas and I talked like pirates during our tutoring session. He was excited about it and we had just a tiny bit more fun. I need to do things like that more often.

I just learned today that a very old friend, Patti from Pennsylvania, lost her husband to cancer last week in Florida. When Kay and I drove to PA in the summer of 1974 to work as waitresses in a dinner theater, we met Patti. Tom was her boyfriend at the time and they married a short time later followed by four beautiful children. We've kept in touch with her ever since and even met her in Savannah four or five years ago. Kay is in Spain right now, but hopefully we can all get together soon. Patti is a great Catholic with very strong faith and I only pray that God is helping her through this. She'll always be a very dear friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment