Saturday, October 8, 2016

African Penguin Awareness Day

On this day the Southern African Foundation for the Conservation of Coastal Birds (SANCCOB) releases rehabilitated penguins back to the ocean as part of an annual festival in Simon's Town, South Africa. And that's all I have to say about that.

I feel like I need a do-over for yesterday. First of all, I shouldn't have mentioned the haze behind my eyes as that should make no one smile. Nor should I have told you all about Mary Ellen's nephew's death on World Smile Day. That news, while tragic, could certainly have waited until today.

Instead I should have told you my new favorite joke, sent to me by Joe. 

A man visits a new zoo in his town.  It only has one animal, a dog. It was a Shih Tzu.

And I shared that joke with my dinner group, which made most of them smile (there are always a few grumps in the crowd). And I feel better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment