Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Chocolate Cupcake Day

I cannot tell a lie. I had every intention of picking up a cupcake today, but here's what happened. I met the lunch bunch (Kitty, Cathy, Sharon, and Kay) at Federal Grill today to celebrate Sharon's birthday yesterday.  We always have such great food and desserts. So for just the five of us, we had blueberry cheesecake, a big slice of the most delicious butter cake I've ever put in my mouth, and a giant half-baked chocolate chip cookie with ice cream. I took one bite of the cheesecake and then I'm pretty sure I ate at least half of the other two desserts. My stomach hurt as soon as I stood up, but I'm not complaining. However, I had to table my plans to buy a cupcake on the way home for obvious reasons. And I'm fairly certain this is the first day I've totally failed at my mission to celebrate the day. But again... not complaining because I was just too happy.

As soon as I got home it was time for coloring at the clubhouse, fortunately with no refreshments, and I finished my salad from lunch for dinner. I'm still very full, but oh, so very satisfied. Thank you Cathy for the best lunch ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment