Saturday, October 29, 2016

Oatmeal Day

It really wasn't cold enough for oatmeal, but it's always in my pantry, so that was my breakfast and it was delicious.

I went to Krause House this afternoon for activities with all the girls. We made pumpkins and they each wrote good qualities about themselves and cut them into the shapes of pumpkin seeds to put into their pumpkins. Then we told them that whenever they're feeling down, to take the seeds out and read them as a reminder of how great they are.

Tonight was a super fun Halloween party hosted by a remarkable woman named Linda. She hasn't been in our group long, but was in the dinner group at first and then because I liked her so much I included her in the Winettes, our Thursday night wine group. After the first couple of times I noticed that she only drank iced tea. I mentioned it to another friend who told me that Linda is an alcoholic who attends meetings on a regular basis. I was stunned and amazed. She also has MS and walks with a noticeable limp. But she loves being in the group and isn't bothered by our drinking. She's the one in the spider web costume sitting next to me. What a woman and a role model!

No comments:

Post a Comment