Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Walk to School Day

I had every intention of walking to the elementary school today to meet Sean, my new 5th grader. However, summer is back and I just didn't want him to see me for the first time all hot and sweaty, so I walked to yoga instead. It's only about three blocks, but it wasn't too bad because class is at 9:00.

I was surprised to see that Aiden, the 2nd grader, is a little clone of his older brother, Sean. We did a getting to know you activity and I feel bad because one of the questions is "When is your birthday?" Yesterday, Aiden had been clowning around a bit and when he got to that question, he answered, "Tomorrow." But the look on his face told me he was kidding, so I didn't really believe it. I asked Sean about it today and he said Aiden's birthday is indeed October 5th. Now I feel horrible and will make it up to him next week. And I'll start trusting him more. Bad mentor!

No comments:

Post a Comment