Tuesday, October 11, 2016

You Go, Girl Day

To celebrate this day I made a donation to Krause House, the residential treatment center for teenaged girls, where I volunteer weekly.  It's run by the Presbyterian Church and although I'm certainly no expert, they seem to do a good job of giving these girls the therapy, medication, and structure they need. And I say to each of the residents, "You go, girl!"

I mentored Aiden, the second grader, today and I tell you now... this kid is gonna run me ragged. He's constantly in motion and if I look away for a second, he's out of my site. Fortunately we meet in the school library so I know he won't go far, but oh my goodness! He's a handful, but as long as we're reading, he's calm. This is definitely new for me, but really delightful. We finished the Captain Underpants book we started last week and then began another. I'm amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment