Monday, October 3, 2016

Glory's Day

This is the day I adopted Glory in 2008. She was a year old and I don't know when her birthday is, so I celebrate her birthday today. The photo is how she looked back then, but now that she's 9, her muzzle is all gray and she thankfully is much less energetic. That little backpack she's wearing is filled with rocks in order to tire her out more on our walks. I'm just glad I was younger then, too.

To celebrate, every time I left today, which was three different times, she got super treats while Simon just got the usual. She's gotten me through a lot of rough times and I love her dearly. But I'm not going to lie, when she crosses that rainbow bridge I will definitely grieve, but my life will be so much easier. The older I get, the more difficult it is to walk two dogs and I guess my fear of falling is heightened (for obvious reasons). But I think in the grand scheme of things, she will always be my favorite. Happy birthday, Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment