Thursday, October 20, 2016

Spirit Day

This day is in conjunction with Freedom from Bullies Week. We were to wear purple in a stand against bullying and to show support for LGBTQ youth. I certainly don't have a problem with purple and I've worn it all day to show my support for these kids.  Rarely, if ever, have I spoken out on a controversial issue in this blog, but today I make an exception.

I'm the first to admit that I don't understand homosexuality or bisexuality or transvestites. But that doesn't mean I don't accept and love them as my equals. God never appointed me or any other person to the Judging Committee... He is the only member and I put my faith in His hands. And I really don't get why so many people judge these people, because they were created by God, as we all were, and God doesn't make mistakes (although I sure don't like mosquitoes or fleas). Adolescents have so much to deal with under normal circumstances, but when they feel different, all bets are off and sadly, only the bravest survive.  I pray that someday we will all learn to accept anyone who is different from us, whether it be through skin color or religious preference or sexuality, and love them as we love all God's children. Isn't that what Jesus would do?




 

2 comments: