Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Greasy Food Day

How interesting that this day follows Food Day when you're supposed to eat healthy. I think they should be reversed. I don't eat fried foods anymore (only because they give me a stomach ache), but did have rotisserie chicken for dinner... one of my favorite staples. I usually remove the skin, which I love, so was happy to keep it attached today. Nobody makes barbecued chicken like my daddy, but this is pretty darned good.

This afternoon I had my first secondary cataract removed. My vision may or may not improve and I won't know for 48 hours, but I'm always hopeful, and yet have low expectations. It didn't get any better after my cataracts were removed, but I'm always willing to take the chance. I'd really like to keep my vision steady for four more years when I have to renew my driver's license.  That will be a huge milestone if I make it. If not, maybe we'll have driverless cars by then. If not, grocery stores deliver now and there's Uber, so I won't be stranded. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment