Sunday, October 30, 2016

Candy Corn Day

I never liked candy corn until a teacher in Heber Springs brought some to school on Halloween mixed with peanuts. Oh my gosh, it's delicious... a perfect blend of sweet and salty. She brought it every year and even after I retired, she'd put aside a cupful for me and I'd swing by the school to pick it up. Once I left I forgot all about it, until today. So I went to the store and picked up a bag along with a can of peanuts and made my own. And this is a disaster in the making because I can't stop eating it. I convinced myself that since my cleaning lady comes on Friday, I'd give the rest to her, but the hard part will be not eating it between now and then. I suppose I'll have to hide it on the top shelf of the pantry and then, of course, I'll forget it's there and find it in six months or so... and the cycle will begin again. So my advice to you is, if you've never tried it... DON'T!

No comments:

Post a Comment